A downloadable tool for Windows
For some reason which I do not remember, I decided to write a GUI for AseSync. And voilà! Here it is.
AseSync is originally an open-source CLI tool by YellowAfterLife.
It automatically updates sprites in your GameMaker Studio 2.3+ project when the matching Aseprite file is changed on disk.
In some way, it can be seen as a successor to lazyload. The GUI definitely took some inspiration from it.
- GameMaker Studio 2.3 or higher
- Adequate backups/version control (in case something breaks)
- Download and open Asesync. Hit "Update AseSync" from the sidebar.
- You may need to set the path to Aseprite.exe in Preferences.
- Create a sprite to use as the "base" sprite for AseSync. (Optional)
- Arrange your Aseprite sprites into a directory.
If there are subdirectories, these will become resource tree folders.
- Start sync!
- Edit some [ase]sprites!
The tool will automatically update the frames in existing sprites and add new ones as necessary.
- You can execute (synchronous) commands right before sync starts and right after sync ends. The commands can be set in the Preferences menu.
You can find AseSync-specific constants in the Manual section.
To YellowAfterlife: for making AseSync, and answering all of my questions!
Create a topic here. I'll try to respond as soon as possible!
Click download now to get access to the following files: